Thursday 30 June 2011

Becoming Edward Review

Becoming Edward
Faye Meredith

Publisher: Self-Published
Release Date:
June 6, 2011
Series:
N/A
Genre:
YA, Romance
Pages:
Kindle ebook
Source:
Purchase
Rating:
4/5 (Avg 4/5)
Rachel's hooked on Twilight and is in love with Edward Cullen. Clive is obsessed with Rachel but he's no Edward. Lewis is in love with himself until he meets Rachel.

Both boys fail to win her until one of them has the bright idea of becoming Edward.

Becoming Edward is a light-hearted teen fiction novel for young adults who love paranormal romance, especially Twilight and Breaking Dawn. There are no vampires in it, but there is a boy who thinks he's Edward Cullen.

The author is a huge Twilight fan and explores what it's like to be a Twi-hard while other people just 'don't get it'.

This was one of those random Kindle purchases that I make every once in a while when I come upon an ebook that simply intrigues me. I mean, come on, a book about a guy that decides to become Edward Cullen to win the girl? For the female Twilight fans, that is a MUST read if for no other reason than to find out how it goes! Plus, at a price like $2.99, it's simply too hard to resist.

I adore this book. Not only was the premise amusing and just too cute for words, but the characters were seemingly realistic and relatable. Rachel is most definitely one of those girls that is so addicted to Twilight and Edward Cullen, simply no boy will ever compare to the fictional heartthrob. She was also relatively sane for a die-hard Twilight fan, which is one stereotype that I was glad was not personified in the book. As a fan of Twilight, I fancy myself rather sane and definitely still connected to this thing we like to call reality.

I think the only thing that I wasn't so happy with was how far Lewis went with the whole 'becoming Edward Cullen' concept. Maybe I didn't use my imagination enough when I was reading the synopsis, but I was thinking he would fully turn on the Edward gentlemanly charm and maybe do the signature bouffant hairdo. But, no. It goes much deeper than that... almost to the point of sheer chaos. While it was cute, it was definitely straddling the line and teetering on outright creepy.

Becoming Edward was a fun, light-hearted read that can pretty much be read in one sitting. It's an endearing story about how far one guy will change to get the girl with many laugh-out-loud moments that will surely make the people around you think you're as crazy as those silly Twilight fans. ;)



Cindy had the book in her mouth.





Purchase: AmazonSmashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment