Thursday 10 May 2012

The Two Week Wait - Sarah Rayner

THE TWO WEEK WAIT - SARAH RAYNER


The Blurb (from Amazon)



After a health scare, Brighton-based Lou is forced to confront the fact that her time to have a baby is running out. She can’t imagine a future without children, but her partner doesn’t seem to feel the same way, and she’s not sure whether she could go it alone. 
Meanwhile, up in Yorkshire, Cath is longing to start a family with her husband, Rich. No one would be happier to have a child than Rich, but Cath is infertile. 
Could these strangers help one another out? 
Combining Sarah Rayner’s deft exploration of raw emotions with the joy and resilience of friendship, The Two Week Wait is a memorable, moving page-turner about two very different women, each yearning to create a family of her own. 
I was unable to finish reading this novel because it contains several delicate subjects that are just too close for me to enjoy reading about. 
The story flows well and the characters were easy to get on with. I feel maybe this is part of the reason I could not continue reading this novel. I immediately warmed to the women in this story.




From what I did read I know that readers, who are not as sensitive as me, will enjoy Sarah Rayner's writing style.  


As I did not finish the novel, I cannot give a star rating, but do check out the 5 star reviews at Amazon UK.

Review Copy

No comments:

Post a Comment