Sunday 18 November 2012

Festival of Romance 2012 - with blurry photos!

Hi folks,

I am just back from the Festival of Romance 2012 - Bedford, UK. 
WARNING - NAME DROPPING ALERT!

I had a superb time meeting some wonderful authors and publishers for most of Saturday.

Unfortunately, my ALL photos are blurry from the event :(  

I picked up some new books :)

I have coffee and cake with some great authors including 

Carole Matthews, who signed her latest book for me, 
Miranda Dickinson who shared wedding news,
Hazel Osmond, who welcomed me in, thank you Hazel
Rosy Thornton, who had a lovely chat with me,
Rowan Coleman, who was celebrating her award,
Trisha Ashley, who also signed a book for me, 
Phillipa Ashley, who had a chat, too
Georgia Hill, new author to me, who had a lovely chat with me.
Liz Fenwick, Margaret James (I missed getting a chance to say hello), Kate Allan,
Sarah from I am Reading and more.

I then went to the Corn Exchange Fair met up and chatted with

Nicky Wells, briefly on her way into a lift to get some lunch :)
Kim Nash, we met up again later at the Rock Party.  Kim kindly saw me back to the hotel, too. Thanks Kim :)
Rowan Coleman,
Sheryle Browne and the Safhket team, 
Carol E Wyer, Sue Fortin, Linn B Halton, Mandy Baggot from Love a Happy Ending
Trisha Ashley,
Sarah Tranter, Christina Courtenay, Liz Fenwick and Liz Harris from Choc Lit


Nicky Wells when she returned from lunch :)

Sheryl Browne :)

Carol and Carol  (Wyer)  - Kim just to the right

Sarah Tranter, Liz Harris, Christina Courtenay, Liz Fenwick
and Fiona Harper



I needed lunch a a pink of diet coke after that.  I was actually hoarse from all the chatting :)
I met up with my husband David and little Alfie for lunch.  They were having a boy's day.

Later at the Rock Star Party I met up again with
Kim Nash from Kim the Bookworm book blog,
I waved across the room to Carol Wyer and Sheryle Browne :)
Chatted with Sarah Tranter, and Gilli Allan
sat next to Sue Moorcroft but did not have chance to chat,
have a photo with Mandy Baggot and Kim Nash.  Do hope your photos are better ladies.


Mandy Baggot :)

Kim from Kim the Bookworm book blog.



At dinner Saturday evening I met a lovely lady, Marilyn Chapman, I shall be on the look out for her novel.  We had a lovely chat whilst our poor husbands saw the back of our heads over dessert LOL

This morning I managed to catch up with Jean Fullerton. I was disappointed to miss her yesterday, but glad I caught her over the orange juice this morning :)

I did miss meeting Charlotte Betts who will be there today.  


DizzyC






No comments:

Post a Comment