Thursday 29 November 2012

Guest Author - Scarlett Bailey

Today I have the honour and pleasure of introducing Chick-lit author Scarlett Bailey, author of MARRIED BY CHRISTMAS


  • Publisher: Ebury Press (Fiction) (25 Oct 2012)
  • ISBN-13: 978-0091946968
://www.amazon.co.uk/Married-Christmas-Scarlett-Bailey/dp/0091946964/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354102708&sr=8-1

All she wants is perfect Christmas Eve wedding...
It's been on Anna's wish-list since she was a little girl, dreaming of a far happier family life than she'd ever experienced.
But now - only two weeks before her big day - her perfect husband-to-be drops a bombshell...
Only nothing's going to stop Anna's plans - not even the pesky inconvenience of discovering her groom already has a wife!

Photos courtesy of the author


What is your favourite Christmas Carol/festive song? 

I really love Bing Crosby's White Christmas, because it evokes my childhood, sitting in front of the TV watching Holiday Inn, and also Judy Garland's version of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, its so evocative, festive, but also sad. From a carol point of view I love 'Hark The Herald Angel' I love to tunelessly belt out a good carol! 

What is your favourite festive film/book or both?

I love Holiday Inn, and although its not festive, Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without The Sound of Music. I adore that musical, every year I always think to myself that this year I am bored of it, but I never am. And I'm always on the edge of my seat when they are running away from the Nazis! Also Edelweiss is the very last song that Rogers and Hammerstein wrote together, before Hammerstein died of cancer, and it seems so poignant to me. My favourite festive book is a bit trickier, but I love a good ghost story and will read a bit of A Christmas Carol, which I do every year!

Favourite childhood memory for the season?

My favourite childhood memory is the Christmas that my dad built me a dollhouse. He's been making it in secret all year long, and when I came downstairs there it was, sitting under the Christmas Tree. It was the mostly magical gift I have ever received, I had no idea that he was making it, and I was completely thrilled. I'm still a sucker for miniature things.

Tree – Real or Artificial? Why?

I like real trees. I like the smell, the lopsided shape, hoovering up pine needles, just the whole experience. Although I insist in covering my tree in so much shiny stuff you rarely see the tree itself!

Bucks Fizz or Mulled Wine or other?

 I am a Bailey's girl myself (of course!) or a whiskey mac, which is ginger wine with a measure of whiskey in the top, sure to cure all ails, or make it so you don't care about them. 

Mince pie or Choc Yule Log? 

Oh chocolate yule log FOR SURE. Mince pies, they aren't mince, they are fruit! The best thing about them is the Brandy Butter.

Christmas dinner – Turkey or Beef or other? 

We aren't huge Turkey lovers round here, but we are traditionalists, so I will have a small turkey and them something else lovely with it. Beef, this year I think.

Lunch has been demolished and the dishwasher is on....do you walk, sit down for Eastenders and Queen’s speech or have another tradition for after lunch?

It depends, my family is spread across the country, so there is often travelling, I love to play a board games, I wish people did it all year round, just laughing and chatting with friends and family, trying not to give in to seconds until at least 5pm.

You open the door to Carollers, who would be your dream team of Carollers? 

Take That would be a good start, if not them I'll take Johnny Depp, just him, maybe sporting a bow.... I love a sing song, I open the door to Carollers and carol right back at them. Funnily enough they don't stay long....

Evening buffet has been picked at, still full from lunch, time for board games, who are your dream team and what are you playing?

I love Trivial Pursuit because I think I am brilliant at it and will always win. I still think this, even though history has shown I am terrible at it and never win. If I was playing in a team I'd have Johnny, (of course) Stephen Fry and my mum who knows almost everything in the history of the world. Although not how to send an email or text. 

Thank you, Scarlett for answering my festive questions.
Folks, if you enjoyed this Q&A session there is more to come in December


DizzyC

No comments:

Post a Comment