Thursday 24 January 2013

Review: India Black and The Rajah's Ruby by Carol K Carr


  • Photo to follow

  • Kindle edition
  • Print Length: 62 pages
  • Publisher: Berkley (31 Dec 2012)
  • ASIN: B007P7HX4M


The blurb (from Amazon)


India Black uses her wit and wiles as both a madam and a spy, proving she’s the best there is when it comes to undercover work…
Drawn into intrigue by her lover Philip Barrett, India finds herself being used as a pawn to help him steal a valuable jewel. Turning the tables, she proves that India Black answers to no man, no matter how attractive he may be…

This is another tale from the infamous India Black, Madam and spy for the Victorian Government.
I am not usually interested in crime, spy or action base historical fiction but India Black is one character I always have time for.  She is a feisty and well clued up Madam who never fails to entertain me with her stories.  
I have said this before, I love her narrative.  

In this prequel novella, India shares the secret of how she came by her fortune which enabled her to open her own house. It is short and sweet and I do wonder if maybe the author could have actually made a full length prequel.  I am intrigued to now about India's background and how she ended up as Madam.  I believe there is a lot more about India to be shared.

Includes a preview of India Black and the Shadows of Anarchy, which is due out Feb 2013.

9 out of 10 for me!

This was a net galley ecopy for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment