Wednesday 28 December 2011

Belated It's Monday...

A belated It's Monday what are you reading, folks as here in the UK we had Boxing Day (St Stephen's Day) on Monday  

Last week

Ronni Cooper,  author of Manhatten was guest here

Susan Fraser King, author of Queen Hereafter was guest author here


In my stocking

Nothing in the postbox this week, but of course, Santa has been...........



I have now caught up with technology and my dear partner bought me a Kindle.  My dear daughter, C, bought me a lovely lilac case for it. :)

This time last year I turned down a Kindle from my partner, saying I loved books too much and didn't think I would be interested in a Kindle.  One year on and I have room for a Kindle as well as my books.

My first impressions........

  • It is very light-weight.  
  • I love being able to read hands-free or with just one hand. 
  • The pages turn quite quickly and I am sure this is saving me time, as I no longer have to reposition my hands after turning a page. 
  • It was fairly easy to set up, after a false start.  I had kindle for pc and my books were in that account.  I had to remove the books from that acc and move them to the actual kindle.
  • still cannot believe that kindles are not back-lit.
  • Kindle will be my preferred reading material when travelling.
  • I will still want books in paperback, too
Are you new to Kindle? What are your first impressions?



My Kindle downloads

House of Silence - Linda Gillard  

Songbird under a German Moon -Trica Goyer 

Are we nearly there yet?  - Ben Hatch 

French lessons - Ellen Sussman

Satchfield Hall - Pauline Barclay

Sophie's Turn - Nicky Wells

Build a Man - Talli Rolland  (review copy)

Reaching for the Stars - Janice Horton (review copy)


What does your reading week look like?



DizzyC

No comments:

Post a Comment