Thursday 12 April 2012

Review - Sometimes it Happens - Pauline Barclay

Kindle
ASIN: B0050K7NVE


Doreen Wilkinson has won the lottery.  Nothing like this has ever happened to Doreen or her teenage daughter, Trisha before.  
So, they leave the council estate they live on, to have a celebratory holiday in the sun, at Villa Bonitas.


Villa Bonitas, a select holiday village,  has never seen the likes of Doreen before.  Will this be the holiday of a lifetime?  Can Doreen keep up with the class of neighbours.


With a colourful cast of characters from different walks of life, I felt like I was actually sunning myself by the pool and watching the comedy/soap drama unfold around me.  


Pauline Barclay had added enough teasers to get the questions flowing and the slowly answered those questions to satisfy me. There are a few storylines running through the novel, with secrets and lies all coming to a satisfying conclusion. The pace and excitement was just right.


I would say this is a must for your Kindle for a beach read this summer.  


4.5 out of 5 for me!






Review copy

No comments:

Post a Comment