Monday 2 April 2012

It's Monday - already!

Hi folks,


It is Monday and I thought it was about time I checked in with an update on what is going on reading wise and in the house of Dizzy!


Let's go for the reading first....then you can bypass the personal if you so wish :)






I am reading BUILD A MAN by TALLI ROLAND.  
Just what I need at the moment and pleasantly surprised how much I am enjoying this storyline.  I had faith that Talli could write a good novel, but wasn't sure if the storyline, set in the world of cosmetic surgery, was going to entertain me.  I was wrong, Serenity Holland is a larger than life character.  Review to follow soon.


Other books on the current TBR list are




NEVER CAN SAY GOODBYE - CHRISTINA JONES already started this one and loving it.  Christina writes fabulous cosy village stories.


ONE NIGHT ONLY - SUE WELFARE
























THE TWO WEEK WAIT - SARAH RAYNER
THE BEAUTY CHORUS - KATE LORD BROWN
THE WHITE PEARL - KATE FURNIVALL
SONG IN THE WRONG KEY - SIMON LIPSON
ESCAPE - BARABAR DELINSKEY




Newly aquired books include


THE RUNAWAY ACTRESS - VICTORIA CONNELLY - Another good looking rom-com from Avon


THE LADY MOST LIKELY - JULIA QUINN/ELOISA JAMES/CONNIE BROCKAWAY - Three authors writing a novel in three parts. Excited for this one


THE LUCKY ONE - NICHOLAS SPARKES




Some new Reviews, guest authors and giveaways to come in April.   Look out for a UK giveaway tomorrow!




In the house of Dizzy we are one Day 1 of the Easter break.  We have been enjoying fantastic weather for this time of year with temps in the 20's.  Scotland has been enjoying these temps, too.  The weather forecast for the rest of this week is a different story with night frosts and temps as low as 3 degrees for most of us and snow in Scotland.


Wedding plans are coming along slowly.  


I have my dress, shoes and accessories.  


This week we are going shopping for a suit for my eldest son (we have my brother's wedding in 3 weeks time) and for a bridesmaid dress for my daughter.  
We know what we like but I refuse to pay the prices bridal shops charge for bridesmaid dresses.


Last week was an unsettling week.  My granddad (90 years young) had a fall during the night at his house and we found him, the next morning,  very poorly and suffering hypothermia.   We called an ambulance en route to his house.  He is in hospital still, and has made some progress, but we are unable to visit at the moment as the ward has been closed to visitors due to the winter stomach bug.  We are concerned in case he catches this air-borne bug, as he is so frail.




DizzyC





No comments:

Post a Comment