Tuesday 17 April 2012

W.I.P. Wednesday - 18th April

Today, I welcome back Romantic Fiction author Christina Courtenay








Thank you very much for inviting me to talk a little bit about my WIP, Carol!



Photos courtesy of the author


Having published three historical romantic novels, I’m very excited to be working on a time slip for a change, The Silent Touch of Shadows.  It’s at the final stages of copy-editing now, so nearly there, but it’s been a long time in the making ...

I first started writing this story many years ago, after I’d stayed at an old manor house which was reputedly haunted.  The owners told me they’d seen the ghost, a handsome man who looked as though he’d been there since the house was built some time during the late fifteenth century.  This intrigued me and I started to wonder what would make someone’s soul hang around a place for that length of time – it had to be something fairly traumatic!

I began to make up a story to account for this, and being a huge admirer of time slips, where the present and the past are interwoven, I decided that was what I wanted to write.  The Silent Touch of Shadows slowly evolved from there.

I’ve learned a lot about the writing process since I first set out to become an author, so this novel has gone through a lot of rewrites and changes, but I hope it’s all the better for it!

THE SILENT TOUCH OF SHADOWS

What will it take to put the past to rest?

Professional genealogist Melissa Grantham receives an invitation to visit her family’s ancestral home, Ashleigh Manor. From the moment she arrives, life-like dreams and visions haunt her. The spiritual connection to a medieval young woman and her forbidden lover have her questioning her sanity, but Melissa is determined to solve the mystery and be free to fall in love again.

Jake Precy, owner of a nearby cottage, has disturbing dreams too, but it’s not until he meets Melissa that they begin to make sense. He hires her to research his family’s history, unaware their lives are already entwined. But is the mutual attraction real or the result of ghostly interference?

Melissa slowly uncovers the tale of her ancestor Sibell’s love for handsome knight Sir Roger. Promised to another man, Sibell defies her domineering father to be with Roger. But does Roger keep his vow to stay with Sibell for eternity? Melissa desperately needs to find out ...

The Silent Touch of Shadows will be published on 7th July 2012 by Choc Lit

Christina’s website is at http://www.christinacourtenay.com

Follow her on Facebook or Twitter @PiaCCourtenay

No comments:

Post a Comment