Monday 6 February 2012

Review - Snowbound on the Island (A Novella) by Kate Allan

What to do when I am nervous about the dentist.....open my Kindle and read a novella......
  • Format: Kindle Edition
  • File Size: 160 KB
  • Publisher: West Quarter Publishing (30 Jan 2012)
  • ASIN: B0073SSPLI

The blurb - from Amazon

After the break up of a long-term relationship Lisa escapes to the remote Isles of Scilly, twenty eight miles off the coast of Cornwall, for a new year reunion with old college friends. But as winter weather sweeps across Britain the airports close and only two people make it: Lisa and Dominic. She always thought him attractive and he still is, but he doesn't even seem to remember her.

Snowbound on the Island is a short contemporary romance novella (10,000 words).




This is the first time I have read anything by Kate Allan and I must say I want more.


This is a novella, so not too long and was just right to keep my mind off the dentist appointment.


Kate introduces us to Lisa, who has broken up from a long term relationship and keeps telling us she isn't looking for a new relationship.  
Dominic, a guy Lisa know from Uni days through her friend, is the first to arrive on the Isles of Scilly and welcomes Lisa to the rental cottage the gang will be sharing for a New Year weekend.


The weather plays a very big part in the events of the weekend.


I loved the way Kate gave me enough from Lisa and Dominic to analyse the pair and decide for myself what was going on here and how it may have continued.


thank u to the author for a review copy






DizzyC

No comments:

Post a Comment