Tuesday 3 July 2012

Guest Author - Kirsty Greenwood

Kirsty Greenwood from Novelicious is celebrating the release of her first novel, Yours Truly today!

Photos courtesy of author

  • File Size: 584 KB
  • Print Length: 318 pages
  • Publisher: Novelicious Books (24 Jun 2012)
  • ASIN: B008EMKE16



Kirsty, thank you for being my guest today and congrats on pub day!


Can you tell us a little about yourself.


I sure can. I'm Kirsty, I'm 30 years old and I live in Saddleworth with my books, my boyfriend and our Yorkshire Terrier Charlie. I edit the chick-lit website Novelicious.com and have just released my first book - a comedy romance called Yours Truly :)

What came first, book blogging or writing your first novel?

That's a writerly version of the chicken and egg question ;)

I've been writing fiction since I was a kid. I was obsessed with the Sweet Valley High series and tried writing my own British version. It was not as good.
 I started Novelicious as a place to share my thoughts about my beloved chick lit books and also to get writing tips from my favourite authors. I kept starting (and never finishing) books at this time. One week I put an excerpt of my own writing up on the site and that's how my lovely agent found me! Hurrah! That was the kick up the bum I needed to finish a whole novel. The result was Yours Truly.

Tell us about your debut novel, Yours Truly.


Yours Truly tells the story of Natalie Butterworth. She's a nice girl, but possibly a bit too nice. She hates conflict and drama so much that she'd rather tell fibs than any truths that might upset the apple cart.
One night Natalie is hypnotised by a mischievous pub magician. He makes it so that whenever Natalie is asked a question she can only answer with the absolute truth. As you can imagine, this causes a ton of problems. Especially when her fiance finds out what she really thinks of their sex life! Natalie needs to get unhypnotised and fast. Just one problem... the hypnotist has disappeared...

What is next for you as a writer?


I'm working on my next book which is another romantic comedy and the first of a series. I won't say too much at the moment but the main character is a bit of a hot mess so I'm having a lot of fun hanging out with her.




You can find Kirsty over at Novelicious
and on twitter @novelicious
and on facebook Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment