Friday 13 July 2012

Surprise Guest

Well, my son M has written a guest post.  He said "mum can I write a post for your blog about my reading, it may not be very good and you don't have to use it".....well here it is. I am impressed M, and I reckon I could have competition :)

M and I last year. I have to look up to him now!
Hi there everyone, you may know me as M. As you know this is my first blog post so if you could leave some feedback it would be greatly appreciated. 

Let me start by giving you all a little background. I am not your average 15 year old, I listen to music from the 1930s up to the 1980s.

I am into classic motorcycles and can't wait to get out on the road, I absolutely love documentaries on military history and I am up to reading a good read before bed. Most of my books are non-fiction such as historical events or encyclopaedias of automobiles but I have read a few fictional war stories.

The first book I read, outside of school, was the machine gunners by Robert Westall. I was about 9 and at that age this story was intense and adventurous. That is where my love of military history started really.

The most recent book I read was on the kindle dizzy C (mum)  had bought me for Christmas. It was Drop Zone by Andy Mcnab. I had started many of his books but never got round to finishing them. This book drew my attention as it was one of his fictional books about a teenager who joined a skydiving team that turned out to be a military unit for MI5. I found that I couldn't stop reading it. I literally started it and didn't stop reading until I had finished the whole book.
The last physical book I read was Battlefield 3 : The Russian also by Andy Mcnab. I had bought this as i was playing the videogame at the time which made me think the book would be just as good but it was too far fetched for me. There wasn't enough realism in it for me and I couldn't picture the scenario very well.

I have even wrote a few stories myself when i was younger. I wrote a sequel/ending to The Italian job which was my favourite movie back then which was before the American remake came out. Then I wrote a few mini stories from different scenarios of world war 2 which were based on real scenarios.  This one I also wrote up in a A4 booklet with a cover I had illustrated myself and had stapled together. I sneakily used it for one of my English assignments.

 Thanks for reading and please leave a comment if you would like a review of a book or even have mum feature one of my stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment