Sunday 21 August 2011

Confession time

Now, I have never made a secret of the fact that I am not a fan of books made into films.


Whenever the subject has come up on blog discussions, I always say that I prefer to perceive the book through my thoughts rather than that of the screenwriter or director.  


The one film that really turned me against book to film versions was The Girl with the Pearl Earring by Tracy Chavalier.  The film just spoilt my interpretation of the novel.


HOWEVER,  I really have to go and see One Day and The Help.  I loved these books so why do I want to change my mind.  I don't want these novels spoilt by the film version, but I have to see how the screenwriters and directors transfer these books to the screen.


I know already that I am going to have to overlook Anne Hathaway's accent in One Day, but after seeing the trailer, I want to see this film.


Everyone is raving about the film version of The Help and I just have to see if those larger than life characters have been found for this film.


DizzyC


No comments:

Post a Comment