Tuesday 23 August 2011

Sorry...it's not you.....it's me

Sorry....it's not you....it's me

I have fallen out of love with you.

When I first met you, I was about 17.  I was living at home and my parents decided it was time.
I loved it when you called me. My tummy would get butterflies with excitement.
It was all new to me.

Now,

I have a new love!



House phone, you just don't interest me anymore.
Mobile phone, he keeps me amused with internet and games.

House phone, you ring and ring, that same tone of ring every time.
Mobile phone, he sings James Morrison to me which reminds me of my darling (it's our tune, you know)

House phone, you don't even show me who is calling, you don't protect me from cold callers .
Mobile phone, he tells me, and if he doesn't I can choose to ignore it (it will usually be a cold caller)
These days, I much prefer not to have that surprise!

House phone, I dread you ringing, most of the time it is cold callers, or official calls rather than the fun friendly calls and texts I get from Mobile phone.

I don't know why I keep you!

DizzyC


No comments:

Post a Comment