Monday 31 October 2011

Guest Author - Amanda Egan

Today I have the honour and pleasure of introducing you to Amanda Egan - Author of Diary of a Mummy Misfit




Available as Kindle edition
ASIN:
 B0053UNS60



Amanda, please tell us a little about yourself


I’m a busy mum with a sixteen year old son.  I’ve written all my life but this is my first published novel.  It was written within the confines of my car when my son developed school phobia at the age of eleven and I stayed in the school car park for three years all day in all weathers to see him through it.  Quite a unique writing experience but no distractions!


You have self published your first novel, Diary of a Mummy Misfit, how did you find the experience?

The whole experience has been great fun but also hard work.  It’s tricky to find a balance between writing and promoting but, as an Indie writer, you have to put your book out there and then use as many channels as possible to get people talking about it.


Who is the Misfit Mummy and what can we expect from her?

I suppose the Misfit Mummy is a little bit of me and a little bit of any mum who’s ever felt like she doesn’t belong - don’t we all sometimes?  In the diary we see her desperately trying to fit in with ‘the monied set’ and then realising she never will and in any event would never want to compromise her basic values.


What are you working on next?

I’m currently working on the sequel to the diary which should be finished in time for Christmas.  I also have another work-in-progress, which is totally unrelated to the diary.


You are a busy mum as well as an author, what do you like to do when you do get time?

I like to spend time with family and friends. We enjoy hosting themed dinner parties.  I'm always reading and researching and I also write a weekly blog.  I am an avid crafter and will turn my hand to most....card making, decoupage, knitting and sewing to name a few.

Thank you Amanda for taking time out to answer my questions.

You can find out more about Amanda  at Mummy Misfit blog
and follow her on twitter @mummy_misfit




No comments:

Post a Comment