Sunday 13 November 2011

A book I used to love - 30 Day Book Talk - Day 12 & 13




Julie at Angler's Rest is taking part in this meme and I thought it would be a great way to talk more about books. So I am joining in.  I am not sure where it originates but if any of you would like to join in I would love to follow your 30 day book talk.


Here is the schedule



Day 01 – The best book you read last year  
Day 02 – A book that you’ve read more than 3 times 
Day 03 – Your favorite series  
Day 04 – Favorite book of your favorite series 
Day 05 – A book that makes you happy 
Day 06 – A book that makes you sad 
Day 07 – Most underrated book 
Day 08 – Most overrated book  
Day 09 – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving 

Day 10 – Favorite classic book 
Day 11 – A book you hated 
Day 12 – A book you used to love but don’t anymore See below
Day 13 – Your favorite writer See below
Day 14 – Favorite book of your favorite writer
Day 15 – Favorite male character
Day 16 – Favorite female character
Day 17 – Favorite quote(s) from your favorite book(s)
Day 18 – A book that disappointed you
Day 19 – Favorite book turned into a movie
Day 20 – Favorite romance book
Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood 
Day 22 – Favorite book you own
Day 23 – A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t
Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read
Day 25 – A character who you can relate to the most
Day 26 – A book that changed your opinion about something
Day 27 – The most surprising plot twist or ending
Day 28 – Favorite title(s)
Day 29 – A book everyone hated but you liked
Day 30 – Your favorite book of all time

Day 12  - A book you used to love but don't anymore

I had to think long and hard about this question.  I very rarely revisit a book so I  have no way of knowing if I have changed my mind about a book.  
I suppose a book read several times would lose it's love affair appeal.  On the 2nd reading I would expect to  have a better understanding of the story from the beginning, knowing the whole story.   
If I was to ever pick up a book for the 3rd time I would then expect the love to begin to fade, being so familiar with the story.


Day 13  Your favourite writer

Can I make that plural?   

Now, these could change as there are so many wonderful authors out there I have yet to discover.

For Historical Fiction, Phillipa Gregory has to be a writer I admire.  Her Tudor period novels are amazing.  I did enjoy Wideacre, too.  It is a couple years since I last picked up one of Phillipa's novels.

I do read many other author's novels in this genre and they are all amazing at weaving historical facts into their stories.

For women's fiction, my favourite writer is Linda Gillard.  This author works
hard to promote her own work and still write.   All her novels are different and 
from what I understand, the reason Linda has had to self-pub is because her novels do not fit a particular genre.
  
Star Gazing is an amazing novel and really should be on the shelves of bookshops along with the more well-known novels.
Emotional Geology was not an easy read for me due to the subject matter but
it was therapeutic and I could not put it down.
I have House of Silence on my Kindle account waiting for Santa to bring me
my Kindle for Christmas.


DizzyC

No comments:

Post a Comment