Thursday 5 January 2012

Bookish news (including a freebie!)

The New Year is making me Dizzy!


I had the family home from 16th Dec until 3rd Jan and it has put my routine right out.
I am still spinning from it all and so ideas for posts are not coming easily :)


I have seen many book related news items recently, and I thought I would share......




Here in the UK, Richard and Judy and The TV Book Club (More 4) have announced their reads for this coming series.


Richard and Judy Book Club list of reads are


Before I Go to Sleep by S J Watson
Yesterday's Sun by Amanda Brooke 
My Dear I Wanted To Tell You  by  Louisa Young
The Story of Beautiful Girl by Rachel Simon 
 A Cold Season by Alison Littlewood 
 The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
 Midwinter Sacrifice by Mons Kallentoft 
 Me Before You by Jojo Moyes








The TV Book Club list of reads are


 Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson (both book clubs are reading this one)
 The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt 
 The Somnambulist  by Essie Fox
 Into The Darkest Corner  by Elizabeth Hayne
 Rules of Civility  by Amor Towles
 Girl, Reading by Katie Ward
 The Report by Jessica Francis Kane
 The Family Fang  by Kevin Wilson
 Half of The Human Race  by Anthony Quinn
 You Deserve Nothing by Alexander Maksik.




Rules of Civility, The Paris Wife and Girl, Reading have caught my eye already :)

Have you read any of these titles or have any of these titles on your wishlist?

*************************

In case you have been in outer space recently and didn't know, I am the proud owner of a new Kindle  :)

I am hoping to share, not only great paperbacks, but also Kindle books with you in the future.

Here is one that has come to my attention

At the moment , Mandy Baggot is running a competition to win a signed copy of her novel Knowing Me Knowing You. Just visit Mandy Baggot Blog to enter to win. This is an international competition so everyone is welcome to enter. 

Also, From Friday 6 January-Sunday 8 January to coincide with the start of the new season of Dancing on Ice, Mandy Baggot's  novel Breaking the Ice will be absolutely FREE to download on Kindle. Thank you, Mandy! :)

**************************

Challenges 2012

I am only taking part in one Challenge this year as it will be my 1st official challenge.
Just for Fun Reading Challenge is just that!  Books we have on our TBR shelves that are not review books. 



There is still time to sign up for this one (before 31st Jan)
It already has lots of members and has it's own Goodreads Group.

Hosting this challenge is the lovely Lori 


A few more challenges I have come across are




DizzyC






No comments:

Post a Comment