Tuesday 17 January 2012

W.I.P. Wednesday

Welcome to my new feature

W.I.P. Wednesday





I follow many authors and new writers via facebook, twitter and blogs. 
Often I see questions I feel sure are for research for their lastest WIP, or what their word count for that day is,  or the fact that twitter/facebook is keeping them from working and wonder.....

What are they working on now?  
When will we see the next book?

Now we can find out with W.I.P. Wednesday






Sue Moorcroft is my first guest author for W.I.P. Wednesday




MY WIP, Dream a Little Dream, is due in at the end of January. And, although this final loving polish is my favourite part of the novel-writing process, I’m going to need every second I have left. Dream a Little Dream is a book set in the village of Middledip, like Starting Over and All That Mullarkey. Liza, having had a rubbish time in the past year, is bloody-mindedly trying to reinvent herself, so one of the things I’m doing in this final polish is ensuring she truly battles. I think you have to be very careful how you treat your damsel in distress, in today's market, because it’s all too easy to let her turn into an irritating doormat. Far from being a doormat, Liza is a sassy, spirited, witty little blonde, who has identified a dream, and is in hot pursuit.

Unfortunately, Liza’s dream conflicts with the dream of Dominic Christy. As DC has a rare sleep disorder, dreams have quite a lot of meaning in his life. I was lucky enough to make contact with a real life guy (co-incidentally, also called Dominic) with the same condition. The real Dominic has been a mega research source, and lets me plague him almost daily with emailed questions. The book would truly not have been written without him. Then there’s Joan, my reflexology source (for Liza) and Dave, my air traffic controller source (also for Dominic). And a couple of beta readers, Mark and Roger, who are feeding back to me on the whole book, what works and what doesn’t or where they feel I’ve left something out. As you can see, I make unashamed use of my friends for feedback and research. Finally, one of my primary aims at this stage is to make sure there’s sizzle and tension where I want sizzle and tension. Always pleasant things to have in one’s mind!

Sue Moorcroft writes romantic novels of dauntless heroines and irresistible heroes for Choc Lit
Combining that success with her experience as a creative writing tutor, she’s written a ‘how to’ book,
 Love Writing – How to Make Money From Writing Romantic and Erotic Fiction (Accent Press). 
Sue also writes short stories, serials, articles and courses and is the head judge for Writers’ Forum. Her latest book, Love & Freedom, won the Best Romantic Read Award 2011 at the Festival of Romance. She's a Katie Fforde Bursary Award winner.
Check out her website www.suemoorcroft.com and her blog at http://suemoorcroft.wordpress.com/ for news and writing tips. You’re welcome to befriend Sue on Facebook or Follow Sue on Twitter


I am looking forward to Sue's next novel!  






DizzyC

No comments:

Post a Comment