Sunday 22 January 2012

Review - French Lessons - Ellen Sussman

French Lessons - Ellen Sussman 


Kindle edition (also available in paperback)


Publisher: Corsair (1 Oct 2011)
Kindle ASIN: B005KRUI6E


My first read on my Kindle


Set is modern day Paris, this novel is broken down into three separate stories involving three language tutors.


This novel was described as a romantic and emotionally charged novel set in Paris.  I have to say I was somewhat disappointed as I did not find this a romantic read and the description is mis-leading . I expected romantic Paris and for me it was more a contemporary look at affairs and deceipt in relationships, which in my view are rarely romantic. 
This did spoil my enjoyment to a certain degree. 


It took me a while to settle into the novel after the initial realisation that this was a different Paris than I expected.  The stories were well written and the characters were all very different and complicated souls.


I would like to read more from this author


3 out of 5  - It was ok 



No comments:

Post a Comment