Wednesday 25 January 2012

W.I.P. Wednesday - 25th Jan

Welcome to my new feature

W.I.P. Wednesday





I follow many authors and new writers via facebook, twitter and blogs. 
Often I see questions I feel sure are for research for their lastest WIP, or what their word count for that day is,  or the fact that twitter/facebook is keeping them from working and wonder.....

What are they working on now?  
When will we see the next book?

Now we can find out with W.I.P. Wednesday

Margaret James joins me today











Thank you for inviting me to be a guest on your blog today, Carol. I’m very happy to be here.

Right now, I’m busy revising my novel The Penny Bangle, which first appeared in hardback in 2007, but is going to be issued in paperback by Choc Lit in May. It’s the final story in my Dorset trilogy which started life as The Silver Locket and continued with The Golden Chain. The paperback versions of these stories are fairly radical rewrites of the hardbacks, which were more family-oriented and didn’t have as much romantic content as Choc Lit readers like. The paperback versions are substantially longer than the hardbacks – about 20,000 words longer, in fact.

I am really enjoying revisiting these stories, but I do find myself getting a bit confused about what I have added and what I have taken away. So it’s not a job to be doing late at night.
I’ve been very encouraged to see that lots of new readers have enjoyed the first two volumes in this trilogy - readers who prefer paperbacks to hardbacks, readers who prefer to read on their Kindles, and readers who find it difficult to get to public libraries where most hardbacks are to be found these days. It’s lovely to meet you all!

So what will be new about the paperback version of The Penny Bangle? That’s easy – a lot more romance, and more hero and heroine interaction. But I’ve kept in most of the family element because how families work is a subject of abiding fascination for me.

Some readers have found The Golden Chain a little bit staid after all the wartime excitement of The Silver Locket. So I’m hoping these readers will enjoy The Penny Bangle, which is set during WW2, so there is lots of adventure and danger in it. The bombs will be falling again…

No comments:

Post a Comment