Wednesday 21 March 2012

W.I.P. Wednesday - 21st March



Today's WIP Wednesday is featuring Chicki Brown.
Thank you, Chicki for joining me today.

Photo courtesy of the author

Chicki Brown is an author I met on the fabulous Facebook group Post ChickLit Book Group. 
(What do you mean, you are not a member, yet!It is for readers and authors who love women's fiction for those who remember the 80's fashions the 1st time around)


Over to you, Chicki.......



The idea for my new WIP, Ain’t Too Proud to Beg came from readers that had contacted me saying they loved Vaughn Breland, a secondary character in Hollywood Swinging. Vaughn is a gorgeous, fast living, wisecracking actor who has sworn to remain eternally single. He is never at a loss for female companionship and his love life is so extreme, even his best friend wonders if Vaughn is a sex addict.

When starting this story, I knew I would have to knock Vaughn down a few pegs in order for him to begin to see women as more than conquests, but I didn’t want this to be a Hollywood story. With that in mind, I decided to have the sexy Mr. Breland demolish his $250,000 Lamborghini on the way to a meeting at the Telluride, Colorado vacation home of a movie industry bigwig. When the story opens, Vaughn has lost his beloved car, his latest movie role, the use of his legs and possibly his fabulous good looks. He is depressed and mad at the world, then he meets Trenyce, his new physical therapist. Trenyce, a single mother on a beautiful three-year-old, gives him a new outlook on life.

Currently I am only 11,500 words into this manuscript and hope to have the first draft done by the end of May. With rewrites, my editor’s revisions. a beta read from my critique partner and more revisions, it looks as if Ain’t Too Proud to Beg will have an August or September release.

Website:  http://www.chicki663.webs.com
Blog: http://sisterscribbler.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/@Chicki663
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/chicki.brown

No comments:

Post a Comment