Tuesday 27 March 2012

W.I.P. Wednesday - 28th March



Today, Pauline Barclay is joining me to talk WIP.  
Thank you, Pauline for sharing your WIP progress with us.


Photos courtesy of the author

Pauline's book bio
These last few months have been pretty hectic on the writing front for several reasons, I’m busy trying to market my three published books, which is fun, but also very time consuming. I also run the exciting group Famous Five Plus and In between this, I settle down to write my new book.

I confess to starting a new book and reaching 23,000 words then it stalled. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get beyond a certain point, so I decided to put this WIP to one side for the moment. But fortunately all was not lost, another idea quickly manifested in my head and before I knew it, I had characters already talking to me. And though this may sound ridiculous, I already feel like they are real people who want to tell me their story!

As yet my WIP does not have a title, but my novel is set in the 1960s in the north of England and is an emotional tale of three families. The women from two of the families work part time in a wool mill. I have being researching about the working conditions in those noisy and often dangerous places and have come across some amazing people in doing so and learnt a lot too! Though the story is not about the mills, the areas I cover in the book I want to be as accurate as possible so that the reader feels they are there too. Importantly I want the reader to walk at the side of my characters, feel their love, share their hopes and dreams and when things don’t go to plan, understand their pain.

There is no date for the release of book four, but it is planned that it will be published in 2012. As soon as a date is confirmed, I will let you all know.

If you are interested in reading any of my three published novels: Satchfield Hall, Magnolia House & Sometimes It Happens… please visit my web site www.paulinebarclay.co.uk  where you can read sample chapters or visit any Amazon site, they are all there!

A big thank you, Carol for inviting me to your wonderful blog and thank you all to you lovely visitors for stopping by.

Twitter: @paulinembarclay


No comments:

Post a Comment