Thursday 25 October 2012

Review: How do you Voo-doo by Janice Horton

  • Format: Kindle Edition
  • Publisher: Thornhill Print (1 Oct 2012)
  • ASIN: B009KO9JH2


The blurb (from Amazon)
Loveless fashion model Nola Nichols thinks being beautiful is a curse; that is until she is cursed and her looks begin to fade just a week before the most important photo shoot of her career.

Nola rejects all rational explanation on what might be causing her lost looks and decides she has to find a way to get uncursed. This imaginative quest takes her from the Caribbean to Glasgow’s own City of the Dead. Along the way, she finds herself taking part in a rather unconventional funeral, involved in a voodoo ritual, reveals one or two unrests in her own past and falls madly in love with a doctor. Erm, that would be a witch doctor, right…?


Nola is a self centred character who really does need to take a look at herself.  On a flight back to England for a photo shoot she has a brush with a woman she believes has put a curse on her.

Nola must find out about the curse and how do reverse the changes that are happening to her.  A bit of adventure and some self evaluation follows.

An original, modern day fable that is quite topical in today's society where us girls and ladies are bombarded with airbrushed and photo enhanced images daily.

Janice Horton usually writes full length novels but here she has written a  quick and quirky satisfying read.

9/10 for me!

Review copy.  This did not influence my review in any way




Janice Horton is having a Spellbindingly fun party today over at her place


Party time

Janice Horton is asking for Spell.  A good one not a curse.

My mixture for my spell is



Magical herbs, to sooth my stresses


Vanilla candles, to fill my home with beautiful scent

Single Lilac rose, for my beloved husband and as a reminder of our wedding day

Sprig of Scottish Heather, again for my beloved who has scottish roots

Parchment paper and a quill, for all those dizzy thoughts, or just for all those things I forget

Stardust and pixie dust to add some fun and laughter to the madness.

Worry Stone, now I just could not be without it!  I always have something to worry about.


Stirred with a Silver spoon, I seem to have mislaid mine at birth!


Pop over and join in the fun!

DizzyC






No comments:

Post a Comment