Friday 15 July 2011

DizzyC's Little Book Blog is 1 today!



It has been an exciting year blogging.  

The title gives you a clue as to how I was feeling about starting a blog.  

I was online looking for inspiration for reading.  I had been buying books from the shelves in shops and borrowing from the library, but was coming across several that I did not finish.  

I Googled book recommendations and I came across a blog.  I believe it was 'Til we read again.  
I found blogging and in particular book blogging. 

These blogs were so professional looking and full  like a sweet shop. I decided to quietly start my little book blog to record my reviews alongside my reading journal.  (reading journal has been neglected recently and needs some attention).

Over the past year, my own little blog has grown and I have met, online,  some wonderful bloggers, authors, publishers, and like minded readers.

I have developed some lovely on-line friendships.    

Blogging and following blogs has enriched my reading.  It has broadened my reading material. It has changed my way of looking at a book, the blurb, the author's notes, the author's website.  
I must admit, I did not give much thought to the author before blogging. 
Don't misunderstand me......I appreciated the author who put so much into that novel, but I didn't think beyond that.  
Now I follow author blogs, have met author's online and have even spotlighted some lovely authors and their work, I see them in a different light. 

Blogging to me is my way of sharing my love of books and my family with folks who want to know, and to join in with sharing other folks blogs. 
It keeps my mind active and sane, especially during my latest spell of being a stay at home mum, which can be a lonely time without much adult company.  


Thank you to all those folks who follow and comment on my blog.


Thank you to those who are visiting for the first time.  I do hope you enjoy your visit and follow.


Thank you to all those lovely bloggers that keep me entertained with their blogs  AND


Thank you for sharing the last year with me.  

Check out the 1st Birthday Honours List  and
the giveaways - one International and one UK only.



No comments:

Post a Comment