Sunday 31 July 2011

Emergency shopping and photo

You may have seen my post late Thursday night about my dizzy day and the last minute panic I was having.   Son had reminded me that he was at Cadet camp in 3 days time on Wednesday evening and we had a mad dash to buy kit for camp.

Then I was not happy with my dress for a family wedding with 2 days to go.  I was seeing family for the first time in years.
I was convinced on Friday morning that I was justified in not being happy with the backup dress, which became my only dress, after seeing this article by Southern & Girly Diva about Audrey Hepburn.  *



Audrey Hepburn was one of my favourite film stars and as a child I watched the Saturday matinees which were always black and whites featuring the wonderful stars like Audrey, Bette Davies, Kathrine Hepburn etc.

Audrey stood out for me. She always dressed immaculately.  This inspired me to always dress to please myself and how I feel comfortable.
I am known for a lot of black which I feel is classic.
I am known for wearing what I feel confident in, not what the occasion calls for.
For example, I will dress 'to the nines' in skirt and heels when others are in casual, or dress less formal when others are 'dressed to the nines'.  My confidence comes from how I look. Of course, I will not turn up to a wedding in trainers or the wear heels to the playground, LOL.

Some days I do the school run in jeans or cargo trousers, but other days I will be in smart trousers and top.

So, Friday morning I dashed off to find another dress for the wedding.  I found one!  It had the same colours as the back up dress so, luckily, I did not need to buy new accessories.  It was meant to be!  It did mean buying flat shoes because I had heels to go with the knee length backup dress.  I could not wear these with a maxi dress.  My first maxi dress. Have been wanting one since they came back into fashion.

Here is the result of my emergency shopping.



This is my daughter with me.  Excuse my expression.  I was saying something to my son at the time. :)

I may have a better photo in the week.

DizzyC







*   http://southerngirlydiva.blogspot.com/2011/07/what-darling-audrey-hepburn.html#comment-form

No comments:

Post a Comment