Monday 12 September 2011

BBAW - Come and meet Katy from A few more pages

Today I have the pleasure of introducing Katy from A Few More Pages, as part of the BBAW 2011.




A Few More Pages


Katy







Thank you, Katy for taking the time to answer my questions 

1. Tell us a little about yourself


I am 33 years old, married, and mom to a 4-year-old daughter and 6-year-old son. I have a Master's degree in US History and currently am teaching at two local colleges. And, of course, I love books and carry one with me wherever I go. My husband thinks I'm a book hoarder, and judging from the overflowing box of books sitting in my room, I might be on my way there.

2. How did you become a book blogger?

I have always been a big reader and I had been writing short reviews at Paperback Swap and participating in the forums there. I don't have many people to talk about books with IRL, so I was looking to fill that void online. Then I discovered the world of book blogs and decided to jump in and participate. I was already running a personal blog (which has basically been neglected for the last year and a half), so it wasn't too hard to start up a new blog about books. I started networking by participating in some bookish memes (Mailbox Monday was my first regular meme) and joining twitter.
3. You are involved in several challenges, as well as hosting a couple of your own. What challenges are you working on and which is your favourite this year?

I am working on eleven different reading challenges this year, am running two (1st in a Series Challenge and 2nds Challenge), and helping out with the website for the POC Challenge. My favorite challenge so far this year has been the Classics Challenge because it's been my goal this year to read more classics. I haven't gone crazy with classics, but I've been pleasantly surprised at how wonderful the classics I've read have been.


4. What is your favourite genre to read and why?

Historical Fiction has got to be my favorite genre. My love of history isn't limited to non-fiction, I love reading stories set in the past as well. It is a fun way to pretend like I'm actually in the time periods that I love to study so much.

5. What do you think about e-readers? Do you own one?  

I have a Barnes & Noble Nook (my brother and parents bought it for me for my birthday this summer) and so far I like it. It will never replace physical books for me though. It is wonderful for reading e-galleys and classics, but when I love a book, I have to own a physical copy. I can see myself using my e-reader to test out books before bringing them physically into my house. I also have a hard time reading non-fiction on my Nook. I like to take a lot of notes and put dozens of sticky tabs in my non-fiction books, which is much more difficult to do on an e-reader. I can place electronic bookmarks and add highlights and notes in my e-reader, but it's not as quick or easy to flip through.


Thanks for this fun interview Carol! It's so great to meet you!


Best wishes,
Katy at A Few More Pages





No comments:

Post a Comment