Sunday 11 September 2011

BBAW - Day 1

Monday September 12th:Community
While the awards are a fun part of BBAW, they can never accurately represent the depth and breadth of diversity in the book blogging community. Today you are encouraged to highlight a couple of bloggers that have made book blogging a unique experience for you. They can be your mentors, a blogger that encouraged you to try a different kind of book, opened your eyes to a new issue, made you laugh when you needed it, or left the first comment you ever got on your blog. Stay positive and give back to the people who make the community work for you!



I am happy to be taking part in BBAW2011.  


Last year I was a newbie blogger and was still finding my way around the community.  
I had no idea, at that time, how big the community was, or how much that community would become part of my life.


I find it very difficult, these days, to single out a handful of bloggers to name for these kind of posts and the award memes that circulate.   I worry that I am leaving out some great bloggers. 
There are many bloggers who I feel have enriched my blogging over the last year.


Many of these were highlighted in my Birthday Honours Post  


BUT like I said in the posting, not everyone I admire was on the list.  My Sidebar showing BLOGS I FOLLOW will give you an idea of how many folks enrich my blogging experience.


I have made many blog friends over the last year, some have given me advice without even realising it, just from reading their blogs and watching how they blog.  My reading genres have broadened just by following book blogs that have a variety of genres and a book will catch my eye.


So you see, I get inspiration, mentoring, and encouragement from interacting with other book bloggers.


DizzyC

No comments:

Post a Comment