Thursday 15 September 2011

BBAW - Day 5


Friday September 16th: Blogging
The world of blogging is continually changing. Share 3 things you are essential tried and true practices for every blogger and 1-3 new trends or tools you’ve adapted recently or would like to in the future.

Essentials

  1. Be yourself.  Do not try to fit any ideas that you have of what a good blogger should be.  A good blogger stays true to themselves and the rest comes naturally.
  2. Ask you readers a question at the end of your post to encourage them to comment and likewise, comment on other bloggers posts.
  3. Blog regularly.   It maybe once a week, every other day or once a day, but try to engage with your readers often.  If you think you may be away from your computer for several days have some post-scheduled posts ready.
New trends

  1. Well, only just this week, after reading other book bloggers tips in my comments, I have started using google reader to keep up with my favourite blogs.  Why did I ignore it for so long?
  2. Twitter is a very sociable media and a quick way to keep folks up to date with goings on at your blog or just in general.  Great place to ask for quick advice.
  3. It is not a new trend but I did add a share bar on the bottom of my posts without really recognising it's significance.  Now, I am using a facebook page and twitter I can add my posts at the click of a button. I encourage you to add the share bar to your posts if you don't have it already. Often I see an interesting   post on a blog but cannot share it with no share bar.
Do you have an essentials or trends to share with me?






DizzyC

No comments:

Post a Comment