Tuesday 13 September 2011

BBAW - Day 3


Wednesday September 14th: Community Part II


The world of book blogging has grown enormously and sometimes it can be hard to find a place. Share your tips for finding and keeping community in book blogging despite the hectic demands made on your time and the overwhelming number of blogs out there. If you’re struggling with finding a community, share your concerns and explain what you’re looking for–this is the week to connect!


In the short space of time that I have been blogging (one year) I have noticed that the blogging community has been evolving.


I am not sure where my blog fits into the book blogging community.  The only thing I can be sure of is that I have a steadily increasing following, so my blog style must appeal, though I am not sure where my niche is. 


When I began last July I followed other blogs solely through the blogger dashboard and would import the web address for blogs outside blogger, into that dashboard.


I have not really looked closely at using google reader to keep track of blogs I follow. I know other folks do.  I suppose I need to look at that.  Dashboard seems the easiest for me at the moment, but not sure how reliable it is


Nowadays, I am using various medias to follow and I do feel a little anxious that I do not have a good system for following.  Because of this when I do find a blog to follow I will follow via every media they offer, (eg facebook page, twitter, google) so that I can keep up with posts.


Here are some of the ways I find and follow book bloggers



  1. Twitter - I do find that Twitter is not always a good way to follow a blogger as it is really 'right now' reading.  I follow hundreds of  tweeters, but is great to have a quick word or 140 with tweeters when you can catch them.
  2. Facebook pages - are great if updated regularly and I have recently set up my own.  I tend to add each post to the facebook page but also use it to share snippets from authors and other facebook pages.
  3. Blogaholic Social Network - A growing blog community, not only for book bloggers, which has groups for different styles of blogs.  
  4. Goodreads Bloggers Unite group -  Lots going on there.



How do you keep up with all your blog favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment