Wednesday 14 September 2011

BBAW - Day 4

Thursday September 15th: Readers


Book bloggers blog because we love reading. 


Has book blogging changed the way you read? 


Oh yes, I used to have a book hanging around on the arm of the chair and it would travel.  My family used to laugh about it.  I would read a few pages, sitting in the chair, then the book would travel to my bedside, and then each morning back to the chair.  I would take a good couple of weeks, sometimes 3 to read a book this way.
In the last 8 months, I am getting through a book a week, sometimes more.  
My passion for reading has increased and now I really do prefer to read rather than watch tv or surf the net.




How has book blogging affected your book acquisition habits? 


I have to say, I used to frequent the charity shops and chain book shops for my books.  These days I do still buy from shops but mainly online as I put them on my wishlist whilst browsing blogs. 


Have you made new connections with other readers because of book blogging? 


I used to frequent craft and genealogy forums several years ago and made a few connections with others but I have made many more new connections with readers.  Some readers read different genres to me, but the love of reading is why I connect with these bloggers.




What has book blogging done for your reading habits?


DizzyC

No comments:

Post a Comment