Monday 24 December 2012

End of Year Post

It has been a busy year both on the blog and personally.


My husband and I

My Husband  and I :)  set the date for our wedding back in January.  We could finally seal our love and become a family.

I had just over 7 months to plan and produce a wedding.
I made as much as I could and kept the budget down. My hubby's "favourite" saying of mine was "I have saved you money today when I bought such and such"


We wed in September!















The family are growing up fast!


My daughter and son went into their final year in School and Sixth Form.

My youngest son started full-time school.












This year the UK celebrated 2 major events that had us flying the flag. The Queen's Diamond Jubilee was first.  We had a little tea party at home with the children.





In the summer the UK hosted the 2012 Olympics.  I loved watching the events on tv, especially the Paralympics.  Those atheletes are such an inspiration.



I became a twitter fanatic. @DizzyCLBB

I took on the voluntary role of Reviews Editor for Romantic Fiction On-line

I started WIP Wednesday feature on the blog. So far 27 authors have taken part. It is an on-going feature so please do contact me for your slot.

I went to the Festival of Romance and met so many wonderful authors, bloggers and readers. I had never realised what could be gained from hearing an author read from their novel.  Author readings are great.

When I sent out an invitation to previous guest authors with a view to hosting an Author Advent for December I had no idea how popular it would be. A massive thank you to all the authors who have been guest in 2012 and those who have taken part in the Author Advent.
 You can catch up with all the authors here

Don't forget!  The Festive Quiz with Prizes (UK Only)  The clues are in the Author Advent feature.

Lastly, my Top Reads for 2012.


Well I am signing off now until the New Year, so....

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2013!

DizzyC






No comments:

Post a Comment