Friday 14 December 2012

Festive Fun - Day 14 - Julia Williams

Festive Fun Day 14 sees another guest behind the Author Advent, Julia Williams
Thank you, Julia for taking part





What is your favourite Christmas Carol/festive song? 
I love two Silent Night, and Ballulalow from Britten's Festival of Carols. Love both for their purity. I had Marianne use that in her nativity in Last Christmas I like it so much! I learnt Silent Night in German when I was at school ; I love the German version. My late mother in law was German; last year when she was dying in the hospice, I sang it to her and we both cried.

What is your favourite festive film/book or both? 
It's a Wonderful Life. No competition. Love Jimmy Stewart, the whole what would the world be like without you notion. Totally brilliant feel good film; part of the inspiration for Last Christmas.

Favourite childhood memory for the season? 
The year my dad made me and my sisters a doll's house, and it had REAL lightbulbs in which you could turn on. That was magic. And also when I was about 4 getting a toy pram to share with my twin which was the best present ever.

Tree – Real or Artificial? Why? 
Real every time. Love the smell, love the feel, not Christmas without it! Although I grew up in a house without Christmas trees. My mum used to get twigs from the garden and paint them. She was very ahead of her time:-)
Bucks Fizz or Mulled Wine or other? 
Both. Mulled wine for Christmas Eve, Bucks Fizz for Christmas morning! Though this year may have to wait for the Bucks Fizz as am driving up to Shropshire on Christmas Day, to spend it in the real Hope Christmas, Church Stretton.

Mince pie or Choc Yule Log? 
Not a huge fan of either!

Christmas dinner – Turkey or Beef or other? 
Turkey... but would like to try goose sometime.

Lunch has been demolished and the dishwasher is on....do you walk, sit down for Eastenders and Queen’s speech or have another tradition for after lunch? 
Normally we're opening presents. But as the children are older, would like to get them out walking this year. Shropshire walking is great in winter.


Julia says.....
My latest books is A Merry Little Christmas where I return to Hope Christmas and follow up what's been happening to Cat, Marianne and Pippa four years on.


You can follow me on twitter @JCCWilliams
My website is www.juliawilliamsauthor.com
my blog is http:maniacmum.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment