Tuesday 18 December 2012

Festive Fun - Day 19 - Sue Moorcroft

Sue Moorcroft is behind the door for Day 19 of Festive Fun Author Advent sharing a bright pink blast from the past 




Favourite childhood memory for the season?
For quite a large part of my childhood I lived in Germany, Cyprus or Malta - Malta being the only one of these I really remember. I think it must've been our final Christmas there that I received something I'd coveted. A spacehopper. It was bright pink, like bubble gum, and my parents probably thought it was a good present because it could be deflated and easily packed into our boxes to come 'home' to the UK, a few weeks later. I loved it. I boinged energetically around the house on Christmas day and then it was declared an outdoor toy and I boinged energetically around the barracks where we lived. (I'm sure the parade ground was designed for small girls on spacehoppers.) Even my big brothers and my parents had a go on it and it's in quite a few family pix from the time.

Bucks Fizz or Mulled Wine or other?
May I put in a plea for champagne? Icy cold and so dry it makes your face ache. That would be lovey! 

Mince pie or Choc Yule Log?
Did somebody say chocolate? Yeah. Thick chocolate filling, chocolate sponge and chocolate covering. With chocolate sauce and chocolate ice cream, preferably, and chocolate on top.

Christmas dinner – Turkey or Beef or other?
Lamb with bread sauce. I know it's not a traditional mixture but it goes down well.

You open the door to Carollers, who would be your dream team of Carollers?

Both of my sons, my dad, David Bowie, Newton Faulkner and Leonard Cohen.

Sue Moorcroft writes romantic novels of dauntless heroines and irresistible heroes for 
Choc Lit. Combining that success with her experience as a creative writing tutor, she’s written a ‘how to’ book, Love Writing – How to Make Money From Writing Romantic and Erotic Fiction (Accent Press). Sue also writes short stories, serials, articles and courses and is the head judge for Writers’ Forum. She's a Katie Fforde Bursary Award winner. 


Check out her website http://www.suemoorcroft.com/ 
and her blog at http://suemoorcroft.wordpress.com/ for news and writing tips. 
Follow her on Twitter.

Thank you, Sue

DizzyC

No comments:

Post a Comment