Sunday 2 December 2012

Festive Fun - Day 3 - Trisha Ashley


Day 3 of Festive Fun Author Advent and Trisha Ashley is here.  
Thank you Trisha for being here


 What is your favourite festive film/book or both?
Love Actually - I watch it every Christmas.

Favourite childhood memory for the season?
Getting my Christmas stocking off the end of the bed just before dawn and waiting for it to get light enough to see what all the mysterious bumps and lumps and rustling things in it were. The tangerine and handful of nuts in the toe were unmistakeable, though.

Tree – Real or Artificial? Why?
The cheap gold tinsel tree that my son fell in love with at a garden centre when he was two - it comes out every year. I sometimes have a real one, too.

Bucks Fizz or Mulled Wine or other?
Wassail - and the recipe is at the back of Twelve Days of Christmas. I suspect it might be an acquired taste, but I have acquired it.

Mince pie or Choc Yule Log?

I like both - so long as the mince pies are my own home-made ones. I hate thick chalky sweetened pastry.

Christmas dinner – Turkey or Beef or other?
It's always a Christmas quacker, roasted the Delia Smith way.

Lunch has been demolished and the dishwasher is on....do you walk, sit down for Eastenders and Queen’s speech or have another tradition for after lunch?
We play this really complicated Agatha Christie game now, but it used to be Scrabble and Monopoly. At some point, Dog encourages me to take a little excercise and fresh air.

Trisha has written three Christmas novels: A Winter's Tale, Twelve Days of Christmas and The Magic of Christmas, but this year had a summery boo, Chocolate Shoes and Wedding Blues, instead.



Trisha says.... However, I will be putting a Christmas gift up for all my readers on my website www.trishaashley.com early in December and there will also be all kinds of fun and games going on on my Facebook fan page.

 And, if you haven't already read it, and want to get into the right festive frame of mind, Twelve Days of Christmas is on 99p on Amazon kindle right now...

Happy Christmas, everyone!
Trisha x

No comments:

Post a Comment