Sunday 23 December 2012

Festive Fun - Day 23 - Amanda Addison


Amanda Addison has taken time out from her crafting to join the festive fun feature on Day 23




What is your favourite Christmas Carol/festive song?
To pick just one carol is tricky, as Christmas carols are one of my favourite things about the season. This year I’ve used a medieval carol (I found an old Oxford University Press score in my local Oxfam shop) and made a paper and fabric collage for this year’s Christmas card design. So, Make we Joy now in this Fest, by William Walton has to be my number one carol for 2012.
 
What is your favourite festive film/book or both?
I’m still a great fan of Raymond Brigg’s, The Snowman. When I was studying at Chelsea Art School he was an illustration ‘hero’ for many of us.  I watched it the other evening with my 8 year old and it hasn’t lost any of its magic. I can’t believe it’s the 30th anniversary year of The Snowman. It’s making me feeling old!
 
Tree – Real or Artificial? Why?
It has to be real. We have a collection of decorations which go back years, from paper doilies with cotton wool snowflakes, to more ambitious home knitted stockings. We always aim to add one or two new ones (bought and homemade). I’m not sure how it is going to pan out this year as we have a kitten, called Heathcliff (my teenage daughter’s choice of name, not mine, I hasten to add). And kittens and indoor trees and baubles don’t mix!
 
Bucks Fizz or Mulled Wine or other?
If the temperature drops warm mulled wine just smells of Christmas. Also, always partial to a glass of bubbly.
 
 
Lunch has been demolished and the dishwasher is on....do you walk, sit down for Eastenders and Queen’s speech or have another tradition for after lunch?
This is where we break with tradition, as we like to eat once the sun goes down, and if it’s a sunny day we like to have a walk to build up a real appetite.


 
 
Here’s the link to some crafty Christmas ideas on my website: http://www.amandaaddison.com/crafty-celebrations.html
 
 
and Twiiter @aahandmadelife

No comments:

Post a Comment