Wednesday 5 December 2012

Festive Fun - Day 6 - Carol E Wyer

Day 6 and Dizzy C's LBB brings you Carol E Wyer in the Festive Fun Author Advent






What is your favourite Christmas Carol/festive song?
I always got ribbed at this time of year because not only is my name Carol but my maiden name was Wiseman and at one point we lived next door to a family of three called the Shepherds (honestly!) So, Christmas Carol always meant something different in our house.
My favourite Christmas song is Cliff Richard’s Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem. It conjures up the true spirit of Christmas for me.
Having been brought up in Germany and having spent all my childhood Christmasses there I also love the German version of ‘Oh, Christmas Tree’ which is ‘Oh Tannenbaum’ in German.

Favourite childhood memory for the season?
I can still clearly remember going to a Christmas market in Germany on a sledge in the snow, pulled by my father. Even now, if I shut my eyes I can smell the cinnamon and gingerbread in the air from the wine and cakes and can see the warm red and green colours of the stalls. Ah, happy days!

Tree – Real or Artificial? Why?
Artificial because Hubby can’t stand vacuuming up dropped pine needles! No, in truth I only buy real trees if they have root balls, then I plant them in the garden after Christmas. I cannot bear to think of trees being cut down in their prime just for the festive season. Hubby stopped me buying real trees when he realised we had twenty-two huge pine trees in the garden and no grass, thanks to me.
You open the door to Carollers, who would be your dream team of Carollers?
Can Tom Cruise, Pierce Brosnan and Jason Stratham sing? Well, who cares, they are welcome to pop come round any time they want to wassail.


Carol E. Wyer
Humorous Novelist/Blogger 
Author,









No comments:

Post a Comment