Saturday 8 December 2012

Festive Fun - Day 9 - Hazel Osmond

Day 9 of Festive Fun Author Advent with Hazel Osmond





What is your favourite festive film/book or both?

An oldie but a goodie. Frank Carpra’s ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’. We watch it every year, lights off, sherry in hand, hankies at the ready. So many great scenes but the one where he feels trapped, tells Donna Reed he doesn’t want to marry anyone and then ends up kissing her, is sublime. The whole film is a fantastically powerful demonstration of what love can do.


Favourite childhood memory for the season?

When I was about six, my mum made me a fairy dress complete with wings, wand and crown. She must have spent hours on it. I wish I could just transport myself back and experience again that mix of excitement, disbelief and joy I felt when I saw it. I still have the dress in a box safely stowed away. Sadly the crown, wand and wings are no more.


Tree, real or artificial. Why?

Real. Love the smell of it and I don’t care about the dropped needles. When else would you get to drag a tree into your house and decorate it with shiny things?


Bucks Fizz or Mulled Wine or other?

Ah now, this is an interesting one because we have a cupboard full of drinks we only get stuck into at Christmas … Advocaat anyone? Ginger wine? Cherry Brandy? There’s something so wintry and warming about them and they have their moment of glory over Christmas and then go and lie down for another year.



What do you do when the one person who gives you back your confidence, is also the one person who is going to betray you?  ‘The First Time I Saw Your Face’ - a tender love story set in Northumberland and now available as a paperback and ebook.

Find excerpts of the book and more about my writing on www.hazelosmond.co.uk

Or on twitter @hosmond

Or on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hazel-Osmond/180418321996194?fref=ts

Thank you, Hazel 

DizzyC

No comments:

Post a Comment